MAL Updater OS X 2.4 is finally out of beta. This release adds enhanced Twitter features and Discord support. It also adds a Torrent Browser and ability to download episodes automatically for people who donated to the project. This feature is restricted since I want people to turn to legal streaming services. However, I still made it available, but only for people who donated to the project.
2.4 now requires macOS El Capitan or later. This is meant to modernize the code and that macOS Mavericks and Yosemite is not being supported by Apple anymore. 2.3.14 will still be available for users who run macOS Mavericks and Yosemite
To update to this release, simply check for updates. The change log is below:
- Add ability to share what you are watching automatically on Twitter
- Discord Rich Presence support with the ability to share what you are watching as your status
- Torrent Browser and ability to download episodes automatically (Registered Users Only)
Bug Fixes and Enhancements
- Improve Plex Media Server detection when web player is being used
- Set start date if title entry have a “plan to watch” watch status
- Improve Plex Web Stream Detection
- Experimental Appcast branch will be set by default when a user uses a prerelease (alpha/beta/release candidate) version of MAL Updater OS X.
- Updated Sparkle and Anitomy Frameworks
- Build number now uses the build date instead of being the version number.
- Fixed setting of reachability’s IP address/host name if the Plex Media Server/Plex Home Theater and Kodi/Unofficial MAL API URL is changed.