After almost a year in development, Hachidori 2.0 stable release is now out. This release adds Kitsu.io support with support to the new rating system. In addition, there is wider detection support, stream detection and improved title recognition. You will love this release.
To upgrade to this release, go to the Hachidori menu and “Check for Updates.”
Here is the change log:
- Hachidori now works with Kitsu.
- Improved detection for Episode 0 specials
- Donation reminder added when MAL Sync is enabled (since we have to host the Unofficial MAL API). This reminder can be removed with a donation key. The reminder will not show if this functionality is disabled.
- IINA and VLCX player support
- Ability to queue updates while offline
- Netflix and Funimation stream detection now works in Google Chrome
- Viewster stream detection officially works
- Add option to show correction dialog when a title is not found
- Kitsu’s new rating system is now fully implemented with simple rating support
- NicePlayer detection and improved player detection.
- Ability to now ignore mplayer based players on a player basis (MPlayer OSX Extended, SMPlayerX, MPlayerX, etc)
- Support for mplayer2 detection
- Hidive and VRV.co stream detection support
- Add detection from Crunchyroll’s watch history for stream detection.
- Plex Media Server/Plex Theater detection support
Bug Fixes and Enhancements
- Perform login on the client side using the official APIs to verify the user’s credentials. (MAL Sync)
- Check user’s MAL credentials every 24 hours before performing MAL Sync
- Improve title recognition for stream detection
- Improved title recognition
- Title cache now stores the detected season from a title.
- Add a fallback if there is no poster image for a given title.
- Fix VLC detection
- MAL Sync now performs the sync asynchronously instead of freezing after scrobble.
- Hachidori now resets it’s state when an account is removed (reset last scrobbled title and now playing)
- Changed Regular Expressions Library to CocoaOniguruma
- Fix bug where opening the preferences window causes the program to freeze if an AFP share is offline while checking if Hachidori in the startup items.
- Fix title recognition with titles that contains colons that are corrected or had an auto exception rule applied
- Fix crunchyroll detection so it won’t detect non-anime pages
- Fix bug where a program crashes when Auto Exceptions is updated
- Stream detection helper program will no longer crash when it can’t receive information about a tab and will continue to check other tabs and browsers.
- Kodi JSON RPC detection is checked if the host running Kodi or Plex Home Theater is running.
- Auto Exception improvements and the URL containing that data moved to a new location.
- Fixed Anime Exceptions for Anime Movies
- Change all references of Hummingbird to Kitsu
- Hachidori test case now compatible with Kitsu. Updated test data.
- Improved title recognition with Kitsu
- Updated Anitomy framework
- MyAnimeList Sync now works with Kitsu. Fixed keychain issue with MyAnimeList Sync