After several hours of work, MAL Updater OS X is now working on the new Official MAL API. This means that the program should update the list quicker. Since the new API is new, I decided to do a prerelease build since there will be bugs.
To update, enable “Check for experimental builds” in the Software Updates preferences. You will need to login again since the new API uses OAuth2 opposed to Basic Auth.
You can also download the first Alpha at Github: MAL Updater OS X 2.5 Alpha 1
The change log is below
- Now using the Official New MAL API
Bug Fixes and Enhancements
- Removed Atarashii-API and related settings in Preferences
- Fix bug where input validation is incorrect for the watch episodes in the Update Status dialog.
- Removed Kitsu Search option
- MAL Updater OS X does not set the start and end date since those fields are not implemented in the new API yet.