With 2019 coming to a close, it’s time to take a look at what we have accomplished:
- Raised about $374 in donations for 2019
- So far, 4 active patrons supporting the development monthly.
- Refined the releases of Shukofukurou for iOS/macOS and Hachidori
- Implement MultiScrobble feature in Hachidori (including support for MyAnimeList as well)
- Created a title id mapping service to help aid in episode notifications, exporting to MAL XML from AniList/Kitsu lists and also future implementation of list syncing between services
- Restored MyAnimeList support (finally!). The macOS versions with MyAnimeList support is still in beta testing.
- Added iOS 13/iPadOS 13 support for Shukofukurou including native dark mode support
- Improved Patreon benefits unlocking (users can unlock donor features easily by using a Patreon key from the portal)
Of course, 2020 will be a big year. While I will be working full time, I will still actively develop the software on whatever free time I have after work, including weekends. These are what I want to implement in the near future:
- List Syncing support in Shukofukurou.
- History syncing between devices and the Mac version.
- Implementing the finer social features such as the activity timeline in AniList/Kitsu and Forums in MAL (When the API becomes available).
- Restoring Tags support for MyAnimeList
- Possibly Expanding legal stream support with the Scrobble share extension in the iOS version of Shukofukurou. We are still investigating creating an in-app web browser to provide similar functionality as Hachidori for legal stream detection.
- Improved Local List Statistics.
Since I will still be actively using the apps I develop, expect semi-fequent updates (at least once or twice a month) for the apps going forward. With that, I thank everyone who help support the development of these apps from downloading it off the App Store, obtaining a donation license or becoming a Patron. We hope to keep providing helpful apps that help you track of your anime and manga progress.