The second alpha of MAL Updater OS X 2.5 is now released. This release improves title recognition and removes the dependency, EasyNSURLConnection. Also, there are bug fixes included as well.
To update, enable “Check for experimental builds” in the Software Updates preferences. You will need to login again since the new API uses OAuth2 opposed to Basic Auth.
You can also download the first Alpha at Github: MAL Updater OS X 2.5 Alpha 2
Bug Fixes and Enhancements
- Improve title recognition
- Replaced icons, some by Icons8
- Fixed Title Recognition for longer titles. Limit the title to 50 chars so the search API won’t break.
- Remove EasyNSURLConnection dependency.
- MAL Updater OS X does not set the start and end date since those fields are not implemented in the new API yet.